2. If you were querying me, what would the teaser of your book be?
Alex’s life isn’t perfect—her parents are broke and she has to work a crappy fast food job to help make ends meet—but she wouldn’t trade her family or friends for anything. So when Alex gets kidnapped by an alien and dragged through a wormhole to another universe, her only goal is to get back home.
4. How did this story come about? Who or what inspired you/this story?
6. Why did you enter #PitchMadness?
7. Do you have any past experiences with this story you would like to share?
8. What can we expect from your story in the future, do you have any plans?
9. Can we hear an excerpt?
The darkness drew her in as it repelled her. Alex couldn’t look away, could think of nothing else. Her voice broke and her screams became whimpers.
“Hold my hand—don’t let go,” the woman said.
Warm flesh pressed against Alex’s hand, as if from a distance, like a dream. Like someone else’s dream.
Alex drew nearer to the darkness, everything did, even the raindrops. The woman held her hand and she returned the pressure with muscle memory alone. All of her higher brain function had taken a vacation and left a gibbering mass of fear behind. The darkness grew until it enveloped her entire field of vision. She reached her free hand up and tried to touch the void.
A bright flash of pain splintered her, and she became nothing. Unable to see or hear or smell anything, unable to feel, unable to tell where her limbs were or which way was up, Alex drifted through nonexistence. No time passed here, nothing was hot or cold.
10. Have a website or social media platform for your story?
11. I see this story started due to school studies about space. You also mentioned the multiverse. So when it comes to space/time travel, you don’t think it’s all direct cause and effect?
12. Is Alex the main character in all 7-10 books?
You can connect with Katherine on Twitter @kehillis