1. Let's hear your pitch.
To save her brother’s business, Hannah Rowen convinced his best friend to play her devoted fiance on a game show. It’s all fun and games until someone loses their heart.
2. If you were querying me, what would the teaser of your book be?
Gavin Williams was warned away from Hannah years ago and was determined to stick to his promise no matter what his body and heart were telling him. When Hannah comes begging for his help he thinks he can play the part and still keep the distance he’s always maintained between them. A strategy that proves impossible when they’re thrown together for national television. He can’t keep denying himself and plans to use the game to show Hannah just how right they are together. But winning the heart of a woman is hard with the world watching and devious couples are out to win the money at any cost.
When Gavin makes a play for Hannah’s heart, another couple set out to bring them down and Hannah must decide to walk away for play for keeps.
3. Who is your target audience? What genre is your book?
4. How did this story come about? Who or what inspired you/this story?
5. Is this your first book?
6. Why did you enter #PitchMadness?
7. Do you have any past experiences with this story you would like to share?
8. What can we expect from your story in the future, do you have any plans?
9. Can we hear an excerpt?
Gavin sat up, pushing Hannah back enough so he could breathe.
“We’re never going to win if they don’t believe we’re a couple.” She closed in on him again. “Better get used to me because out interview with the producer is in an hour.”
He let loose a string of expletives that would have his granny turning in her grave. “You could at least pretend there was a chance I wouldn’t have gone along with this.” He glared at Hannah cursing himself for even answering the door.
She shook her head not looking the least bit ashamed. And why should she? He was the weakling giving in to her. And didn’t that make him sympathize with Sam at the bank just a little bit.
“You’re the only one I could think of,” she answered. “The only one who’s ever stuck by both of us.”
“Shit.” Gavin looked up to the ceiling hoping someone up there had some answers. Or at the very least a bit of extra strength he could borrow because the next two months were going to kill him.
10. Have a website or social media platform for your story?
11. Twelve books, wow. Is this submission part of a romance collection? Any spin offs with the other contestants?
12. I see you just don't do romance. Is it your favorite genre so far? Did you ever challenge a different genre and ended up liking it, for instance your scifi?
You can connect with Danielle on Twitter @elledoo